All data entered into TIDES or Clean Swell is easily retrieved from our public access database.
If you would like to get a sense of what the reports look like, feel free to click on a country of interest under "Country Reports" on the lower right hand side of your screen; the following options will drop down:
- Top Ten Items
- Unusual Items
- Volunteers, Weight, Distance
- Detailed Summary
- Items of Local Concern
- Entangled Animals
- You can download any of these reports as excel files by clicking the cloud button next to them.
- To preview the reports, you can click on the word in orange. For the most detailed cleanup information pull the Detailed Summary – this report displays each individual data point entry.
To filter for your specific event, organization or group, there are a few options.
- Group Names: If a Group Name was used to track data, you can easily search in the "Group names" bar above the map, and select which group names (you may select multiple) you would like to filter for. Group names are for Site Captains or groups that are looking to grouped together when searching for their data later, and can be done as the Site Captain so desires. Group names can be formatted for multiple groups within a larger group, for example, you can have volunteers do "Long Beach_Group 1" and "Long Beach_Group 2"—this will allow you to filter or group all "Long Beach" cleanups or all "Group 1" cleanups. Use the Group Name search on TIDES
- Date Range: You may use the "From" and "To" search bars to select a data range you desire to filter for. This filter can always be used in addition to another filter, such as group name, region or custom shape.
- Zone, State or Country: You may filter data by zone, state or country by navigating the map to the area you wish to pull by searching in the white bar at the top of the display or zooming and dragging. While you navigate, zone, state and country report options will appear on the right of your screen—please click on the area of interest, and the report format options will drop down. Download the report by clicking the cloud button next to the desired format.
- Custom: If group names or certain prescribed regions don’t quite work for your situation, you may use the custom polygon tool on the upper bar of the map (between the little hand and the "clear" icons). This tool allows you to draw a custom shape around the points you would like to include in your report. You may use this and the date range, for example, to pull for a specific event in a specific location. Use the polygon tool on TIDES
Still having trouble? Email email@example.com for assistance.